This job posting is no longer active.
Performs basic clinical activities in support of physician and nursing staff. Deliver safe and appropriate patent care within the scope of practice and established policies and procedures under the direct clinic supervision of a licensed professional. To schedule patient appointments and to accurately collect all necessary patient demographic and insurance information.
- Assists with preparing patients for examination and may obtain patient medical history by accurately taking vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, height and weight) and documents the results in appropriate systems and/or EMR. May review medication list. May perform spirometry and/or other pre-appointment testing and documents the results appropriately.
- Reviews charts and prepares them for the following day as indicated. Stocks patient care areas with the necessary supplies.
- Performs clinical skills as guided by competency validation.
- Reads, comprehends, and completes clinical orders in the EMR in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinates with other clinics to ensure quality patient experience.
- Provides excellent customer service to patients, co-workers, physicians and clinical staff. Greets customers on the telephone, assesses needs and provides information and/or service requested. Directs patient calls to appropriate departments.
- Collects all necessary patient demographic, consents, copays, insurance and clinical information and updates changes when needed. Obtains proper signatures on consents and face sheets. Able to articulate verbiage from consents to patients to their understanding.
- Schedules new and follow up appointments using symptoms, physician orders, and clinical information collected. Determines which physician and/or clinic can best serve the patient. Schedules patient appointments for physician and ancillary services in a timely and accurate manner.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school diploma/GED and successful graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program required
- Work Experience: None
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: CPR/BLS required
Salary Range: Salary for this position is set at $22.00/hour.