Performs quality diagnostic general and cardiac MRI procedures in accordance with standards set by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). This position works within the interdisciplinary team to provide safe and personalized care for patients.
- Performs high quality general MRI scan procedures to support accurate diagnosis while maintaining high quality patient care.
- Performs high quality cardiac MRI procedures to support accurate diagnosis.
- Performs IV injections for all MRI procedures as required.
- Post processes MRI studies for accurate diagnosis as needed.
- Follows all department and MRI safety practices and protocols to ensure patients, visitors, and employee’s safety.
- Uses hospital information systems proficiently including but not limited to; EMR, scheduling, RIS and PACS software applications.
- Performs as back-up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Professional Development or Continuous Learning and Development: Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill to enhance their contribution to the organization.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Successful completion of an approved JRCERT (Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology) program required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) years experience working in general MRI required. Experience performing cardiac MRI studies preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Current R.T. (MR) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) required. If the ARRT certification was obtained prior to 2000 under special eligibility provision, graduation from an accredited program is not required. Current CPR/BLS Healthcare Provider certification required.
Salary Range: $38.00-$51.05
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan