***$5,000 Sign-On Bonus!***
National Jewish Health is seeking a full-time CT Imaging Technologist to join our outpatient imaging team! This position will have a high level impact in the diagnosis and treatment of a range of common and unusual respiratory, cardiac, immune, and related disorders. You will perform a variety of CT, bone densitometry, radiographic, and fluoroscopic studies, with the majority of your time in CT. Our team of technologists work across modalities to maintain a full skill-set, while maintaining a primary focus on CT to include cardiac and research imaging.
State of the Art Equipment! We have recently acquired the Siemens Naeotom Alpha Photon Counting CT (PCCT), opening a new era in CT technology. PCCT brings spectral imaging to the next level, significantly improves spatial resolution and reduces image noise, all while reducing patient dose. Be among the first in the country to use this new technology!
Join our Cardiac Imaging Team! For more than 15 years, our cardiac CT program has provided outstanding CCTA imaging for our patients. With the addition of PCCT and multiple AI-based image processing systems (FFR and coronary artery plaque analysis), we will continue to be industry leaders in CCTA. We welcome and support both experienced and early career professionals in developing and fully utilizing your CCTA skills.
Great Perk! This position works days, Monday – Friday with no weekends or holidays. On Call rotates through the CT team, with infrequent call backs.
Why National Jewish Health? Non-sectarian National Jewish Health is the leading respiratory hospital in the nation. We are known worldwide for the treatment of patients with respiratory, cardiac, immune and related disorders, and for groundbreaking medical research.
If you believe in working for an organization where Breathing Science is Life, we invite you to join our team!
Performs quality diagnostic CT scans, radiologic, fluoroscopy, and bone density procedures in accordance with standards set by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and the American Society for Radiologist Technologists (ASRT). This position works within the interdisciplinary team to provide safe and personalized care for patients.
- Performs high quality CT scan procedures to support accurate diagnosis while maintaining high quality patient care.
- Performs IV injections for CT scan procedures.
- Performs diagnostic X-ray and bone density procedures providing high quality images to assist the Radiologist in accurate diagnosis.
- Performs all fluoroscopic procedures proficiently while working in coordination with Radiologists, Radiologists Practitioner Assistants (RPA’s), Speech Therapists, and other qualified physicians as required.
- Maintains safe radiation safety practices during all imaging procedures using ALARA (As Low as Reasonably Achievable) principles.
- Uses hospital information systems proficiently including but not limited to; EMR, scheduling, RIS and PACS software applications.
- Performs as back-up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Professional Development or Continuous Learning and Development: Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill to enhance their contribution to the organization.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Successful completion of an approved JRCERT (Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology) program required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Work Experience: One (1) year experience as a CT Technologist and Radiologic Technologist preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Current R.T. (R) (CT) certification with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) required. Current CPR/BLS Healthcare Provider certification required. If the ARRT certification was obtained prior to 2000 under special eligibility provision, graduation from an accredited program is not required.
Salary Range: $36.00 - $48.62
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan