Responsible and accountable for performing quality Echocardiography in accordance with the standards set forth by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) and the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC). This position works within interdisciplinary teams to provide safe and personalized care for the patient.
- Performs high quality echocardiograms to assist the physician in the diagnosis of cardiac conditions in accordance with ARDMS and IAC standards.
- Prepares and completes all required documentation in a thorough and accurate manner.
- Initiates times to read exams with cardiologists to elicit feedback and quality improvement.
- Performs all related responsibilities associated with Pulmonary Physiology testing to include operating and maintaining equipment in accordance with hospital and department safety policy and procedures.
- Participates in quality improvements processes on an on-going basis and assists with IAC compliance as directed.
- Maintains continuing education requirements as outlined by the ARDMS.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff to assure high quality exams on all patients.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Successful completion of an accredited Ultrasound Technologist or Diagnostic Medical Sonographer program.
- Experience: None
- Special Traning, Certification and Licensure: Currently registered with the ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography) required. ARDCS (Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer) certification required within twelve (12) months of hire date for new graduates and within six – (6) months of hire date for individuals with more than one (1) year of experience required. BLS required.
Salary Range: $34.00 - $44.31