This position is responsible for the supervision and coordination of daily operations for all Patient Access areas of Admissions and Check-out. Ensures accurate and efficient registration and appointment processes to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service. Addresses patient escalations and problem resolution. Accountable for creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of and assures departmental compliance in accordance to National Jewish Health standards and JACHO requirements.
- Supervises and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, interviews, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors, evaluates, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and rewards. Establishes and monitors staff safety and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for daily operational activities of the all Patient Access areas including registration, scheduling, concierge and other patient access functions as assigned. Develops, arranges, implements staff’s schedules for maximum efficient and effective coverage and serves as a backup for coverage.
- Reports key factors of productivity, and appropriate analysis to manager on a periodic basis. Alerts manager of issues both internal and external, which may impact performance.
- Maintains knowledge and trains staff on admissions documentation requirements, insurance/managed care plan requirements for referrals/authorization, patient financial responsibilities and payment collection.
- Works with Patient Financial Services and Finance to assure compliance with all federal and state regulations while maximizing collectability of patient accounts.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through effective problem solving. Promotes and maintains open communication with all patients, staff members, and clinical personal. Acts on patient’s behalf in receiving prompt, efficient and courteous service. Guides staff in the resolution of patient complaints and problems. Serves as resource for call escalation and resolution.
- Responsible for implementation, communication of, and adherence to department procedures and policies.
- Assists manager with administering Quality Assurance and Quality improvement within the Department.
- Performs other related duties, including special projects as assigned.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Talent Management for Leaders: Clearly establishes and communicates expectations and accountabilities; monitors and evaluates performance; provides effective feedback and coaching; identifies development needs and helps employees address them to achieve optimal performance.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Supervises 5-15 employees
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, required. Bachelor’s in Healthcare Administration preferred. –or- any equivalent combination of Education and/or years of experience.
- Work Experience: A minimum 3 years recent and related administrative healthcare operations in a physician’s office, hospital or other related healthcare setting, with a minimum of 2 years of leadership experience, required. Includes scheduling, insurance verification and customer service, with experience in healthcare third party insurance plans, coverage and benefits preferred.(required) ?
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $47,959 - $62,934
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan