This job posting is no longer active.
This position is responsible for leading the billing functions for all ADx Laboratory client and customer needs. This position follows and maintains ADx laboratory financial policies, procedures, and documents including current cost profiles for ADx assays, current master price lists, and maintaining current ICD-10 codes for laboratory tests. This position engages and interacts with the National Jewish Health Finance Department on a routine basis to ensure congruency of billing and financial practices.
- Manages and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, interviews, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors, evaluates, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and rewards. Establishes and monitors staff safety and regulatory compliance.
- Oversees the AR for the ADx labs using Soft AR system and ensures there are no AR errors, modules and lab tests are accurate, and all revenue is accounted for. Works to ensure properties of billing system are correct and hit the right general ledger account.
- Maintains and continuously improves the billing and invoice statements, including ensuring accuracy to scope of work originally assigned and work performed. Creates customer satisfaction through accurate, easy to read invoices, and works to maintain consistent processes while accommodating customer requests.
- Creates and maintains policies and procedures for department billing and financial practices, collections, account reconciliation, and developing auditing reports and frequencies.
- Determines, manages, and measures laboratory aged accounts and collection status in partnership with Patient Financial Services. Measures and monitors reference laboratory utilization, including cost per test and volume trends.
- Oversees and partners with finance, business development, account management, project management, and the laboratories to ensure all billing activities are accounted for, billed according to contracts and managed efficiently.
- Initiates and participates in cost estimates for new and existing laboratory tests.
- Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
- Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Champion of Change: Facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace. Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
- Talent Management for Leaders: Clearly establishes and communicates expectations and accountabilities; monitors and evaluates performance; provides effective feedback and coaching; identifies development needs and helps employees address them to achieve optimal performance.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Manages 1-3 employees.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Work Experience: A minimum of 5 years recent billing experience, clinical laboratory billing experience preferred. 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $58,000 - $74,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan