This job posting is no longer active.
***$2,000 Sign-On Bonus!***
Some call it a career. For us it’s a calling.
National Jewish Health is currently seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to join our Adult Inpatient Unit from 7:00 pm to 7:00 am.
As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, National Jewish Health is pioneering a new era of preventive and personalized medicine. By combining our efforts in comprehensive care, academic education and ground-breaking research, we're able to develop treatments that help our patients live more productive lives. If you believe in Breathing Science Life, we invite you to join our team.
Provides patient care within scope of practice and established policies and procedures under direct supervision, to assist patients with activities of daily living, to contribute towards efficient patient flow pattern, and to assist with clerical support within the patient care area.
- Collects, reports, and records basic objective and subjective data. Assists with assuring a complete patient record.
- Observes and reports changes in signs and symptoms or deviations from normal health status.
- Provides basic information which assists the licensed nurse in making lists of problems and needs, setting goals, and developing and revising plan of care.
- Provides physical care, comfort measures, and emotional support to patients whose conditions are stable or predictable.
- Assists with basic restorative nursing.
- Repeats patient teaching instructions as given by the RN.
- Documents and communicates completion of assigned duties and patient responses.
- Knows emergency procedures, location and use of emergency equipment and responds appropriately to emergency/code situations.
- Provides safe and appropriate care within level of training/competency, following principals of asepsis and infection control.
- Communicates patient/family education requests or needs to RN. Provides patients with educational materials.
- Contributes toward an efficient patient care flow pattern by monitoring schedules for assigned section and coordinating patient flow and assists with admission and discharge of patients.
- Prepare exam rooms for patient use, maintaining adequate supplies & forms, & cleaning rooms between patients.
- Maintains clean unit, work space, and patients environment per regulatory and hospital/clinic requirements.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of relevant computer software.
- Completes required educational programs: BCLS, Mandatory in-services, Department and unit-based competencies; and participates in unit based QI program as requested.
- Participates in the goals of the department as evidenced by attending 50% of staff meetings, reading and initialing all applicable minutes.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent is required. Successful completion of an approved Nurse Aide training program, Certified Nursing Assistant program, or Fundamentals at an approved School of Nursing is preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of six months of recent and related experience required. Pediatric or adult medical experience for positions in the general or adult and pediatric units is preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Current CNA licensure required. BLS Required.
Salary Range: $17.00 - $20.00 + Shift Differential
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan