An exciting opportunity to represent the leading US respiratory hospital, National Jewish Health, and our globally recognized Complement Laboratory within the Advanced Diagnostic Laboratories (ADx) to support drug discovery and clinical development programs. ADx is seeking a highly organized individual interested in account and project management to join our Account Management team as an Account Manager. The position is the main point of contact for the client from a business query of capabilities through contracts, biomarker study execution and final reports. The Account Manager will be representing National Jewish Health and ADx to global Clinical Research Organizations, multinational and emerging biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies promoting our services. For account maintenance, the manager will also work closely with ADx study coordinators, Laboratory Directors, Quality Assurance and technical staff to develop proposals, contracts and track account business.
The position will report to the Director of Business Development and work closely with ADx operations staff to represent sponsor needs and ensure contracts are finalized as well as track progress of studies and programs.
This position manages new and current business contacts for Advanced Diagnostic Laboratories (ADx). This position is responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with key external and internal clinical diagnostics and clinical trials clients, including education, training and client management. Sells new assays and/or services offered by ADx to new and existing clients. Maintains all metrics regarding client contracts (includes pricing and revenue).
- Develops and executes business retention, growth strategies and tactics consistent with business plan by developing client relationships.
- Coordinates with the director of Business Development to educate, instruct and sell all assigned and newly generated accounts. Identify potential new accounts and successfully secure new business. Provides input for quarterly management reports with data documenting new and / or lost accounts.
- Maintains all clinical diagnostic and clinical trial contracts, spearheads renewal process.
- Prepares, and delivers communications to promote diagnostic laboratory services to internal and external audiences.
- Collects and documents weekly, monthly, and yearly metrics on gross revenue from key clients. Maintains metrics on identified customer needs, and competition in order to maintain and improve ADx’s services.
- Reviews proposals to determine types, volume of testing and services needed to meet customer requirements.
- Coordinates all contract setup and interacts with Client Service s and / or Project Managers to determine pricing and all other contract negotiations. Assists in the organization of meetings through the duration of the project between customer and ADx operational staff.
- Meets with customers to discuss progress of their testing. Provides feedback to ADx operations (Project Managers) on specific customer needs.
- Acts as a liaison between clients and ADx staff to resolve problems and provide information on products and services to maintain positive relationships.
- Maintains organized account information in Salesforce.com including sales data, potential challenges, and guides key customer sales opportunities.
- Maintains knowledge of MD bridge and internal client needs.
- Maintains knowledge of current products and services, and maintains continuing education on upcoming products and services provided by ADx and NJH.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Perseverance/Resourcefulness: Accesses and utilizes available resources inside and outside the company.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a medical/scientific discipline required. Master’s of Science degree, preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 2 years of sales, business development or laboratory experience required. Experience in selling drug discovery products and/or services to pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $63,000 - $83,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan