Responsible and accountable for supervising and performing quality cardiopulmonary stress testing in accordance with the standards set forth by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the American College of Cardiology (ACC)/American Heart Association (AHA) and The American Thoracic Society (ATS0. This position works within interdisciplinary teams to provide safe and personalized care for the patient.
- Supervises and performs high quality cardiopulmonary stress testing to assist the physician in the diagnosis of cardiopulmonary conditions in accordance with ACSM and ACC/AHA standards.
- Prepares and completes all required documentation in a thorough and accurate manner.
- Performs thorough patient screening and appropriately reports any patient safety issues.
- Participates in quality improvements processes on an on-going basis.
- Performs all related responsibilities associated with Pulmonary Physiology testing to include operating and maintaining equipment in accordance with hospital and department safety policy and procedures.
- Keeps up to date and current with recommended guidelines from the ACSM and ACC/AHA and ATS to assure safe, high quality patient exams.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff to assure high quality exams on all patients.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Decision Making: Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Initiative: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Patient Relations: Consistently meets patient and patient family needs; takes responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; uses appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of two years experience as an exercise physiologist in a clinical setting
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: BLS required. ACLS required. Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist (CCES) or Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCEP) required within 6 (six) months of hire.
Salary Range: $20.87 -$27.21