Performs cashier duties for the cafeteria and cleans assigned food service areas following departmental standards and procedures.
- Operates cash register and receives cash for cafeteria purchases and balances cash box.
- Handles cash and credit transactions with customers including: knowing cafeteria prices, makes correct charges and gives correct change to customers.
- Stocks the condiments, juices and soda coolers.
- Prepares food for the deli bar and the grab to go items.
- Cleans and sanitizes coffee machines, microwave ovens, cafeteria counters, cafeteria tables and cashier stand.
- Performs as a back-up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountably for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Champion of Change: Facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace. Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals, treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Collaboration; Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities, crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
- Managing Work and Time Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Work Experience: None
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $15.00 - $15.91
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan