The report writer is a key member of the applications development team responsible for the creation, documentation, and support of reports from the institutions reporting databases. Works closely with end-users to gather report requirements and ensure proper testing/validation. Documents created reports and/or changes to existing reports.
- Ability to communicate with varied departments to understand data systems and data requests.
- Gathers and documents functional and technical report requirements, and translates requirements into reporting solutions.
- Collaborates with applications and development teams to understand changes to applications and impact of those changes on reports.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and business uses to ensure reports meet client needs.
- Designs and develops data visualizations and dashboards.
- Collaborates with data architect for best tools and architecture for project work.
- Ability to understand and work with relational data structures and various techniques to query data.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in related field required
A minimum of three (3) years of recent and related experience required
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Expert level experience in SQL language and experience with reporting platforms including Tableau, and Business Objects preferred.
5+ years of experience using SQL
Basic Excel skills
Knowledge of medical data
Salary Range: $69,761 - $91,543