This position is integral in creating and maintaining content for the website and social media channels at National Jewish Health. Owns numerous areas of content on the site from start to finish, including search engine optimization and reporting. Owns the health of and content flow on social media platforms, supports content contributors and content management tools.
- Writes and implements content in support of the National Jewish Health social media strategy across multiple social platforms.
- Owns and manages social platform set-up, performance and social media management tools. Responsible for ensuring effective content contributions from owners throughout the organization, including Marketing, Development, Professional Education, Human Resources and Web.
- Monitors social performance and key analytics. Reports on outcomes and seeks opportunities to increase adoption and engagement.
- Works closely with key stakeholders to understand their needs and involve them in planning and problem solving (including Communications, IT, HR, Departments, as well as executives and administrative staff). Plans and prioritizes initiatives to support key business objectives. Communicate actively with all main stakeholder and user groups.
- Manages website content, including writing and creation of new content, timely content maintenance and paid content marketing efforts.
- Identifies and implements search engeine performance enhancements.
- Uses technical solutions to deliver content effectively and ensures that content is integrated completely, including taxonomy, cross-linking and other best-practices.
- Implements new features and functionality, content and designs within the back-end tools available in the utilized platforms. Tests and validates system capabilities, ensuring quality control to the end users.
- Has strong working knowledge of website systems. Provides website troubleshooting for public users, clients, and staff.
- Supports other members of the Web Team and related responsibilities as needed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
- Drive for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Impact and Influence: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved. Taking advantage of opportunities to make a difference and have an impact. When used well, the intended outcome of this competency is the creation of goodwill, trust, and respect while motivating people to want to follow you even when they don’t have to.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Minimal travel between the Galleria and main campus.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, or related field, required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 3 years of social media and Web content management, search engine optimization, information architecture, design, HTML and digital communication experience required.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Experience with Google Analytics, Kentico or other enterprise-level content management systems, knowledge of HTML, CSS, Microsoft Office, social media and marketing tools preferred.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan