National Jewish Health is currently seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator to advance the clinical research program in the Section of Critical Care. Our research takes place in the intensive care units and inpatient wards of several hospitals in the Denver metro area and focuses on diseases including acute respiratory failure, sepsis, and severe infectious pneumonia. The Clinical Research Coordinator will work as part of a highly integrated multidisciplinary team that consists of physicians, researcher scientists, research nurses and coordinators.
As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, National Jewish Health is pioneering a new era of preventive and personalized medicine. By combining our efforts in comprehensive care, academic education and ground-breaking research, we're able to develop treatments that help our patients live more productive lives. If you believe in Breathing Science is Life, we invite you to join our team.
The Clinical Research Coordinator position is a study coordinator with proven ability to work independently. Acts as a preceptor for Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator and Clinical Research Coordinator.
- Consistently applies Clinical Research Guidelines including Good Clinical Practice, HIPAA regulations, CRS Standard Operating Procedures, applicable NJH Policies and Procedures, and FDA, NIH, OHRP, ICH guidelines as applicable.
- Independently masters study materials, including but not limited to protocols, informed consent forms, and all other essential study documents for assigned studies.
- Independently performs study-related processes, procedures, and assessments as defined in study protocol and in compliance with regulating bodies and NJH competency requirements.
- Complies with regulatory bodies to create and maintain study records, and if applicable, dispensation and accountability of investigational product.
- Efficiently implements and successfully executes complex research studies with high quality and appropriate enrollment.
- Provides general guidance to new staff and study coordinators.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Champion of Change: Facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace. Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Drive for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Professional Development or Continuous Learning and Development: Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill to enhance their contribution to the organization.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Less than 10%
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required
- Work Experience: A minimum of 1 year clinical research experience required
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: BLS required within one month of hire, CITI training required within one month of hire
Salary Range: $22.00 - $26.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan