This job posting is no longer active.
The Pre-Analytical Technician is responsible for general support functions within the Specimen Processing Department of the Advanced Diagnostic Laboratories. Functions performed may include but are not limited to data entry of test orders, presort, pickup and delivery of specimens, proper specimen handling including centrifugation and aliquoting.
- Performs all duties according to QA/QC guidelines outlined within the Advanced Diagnostic Laboratories quality system.
- Follows the laboratory’s and NJH established policies and procedure manuals. Reviews and signs laboratory and personnel SOP on an annual basis.
- Manages receiving and handling of samples for processing in multiple laboratories.
- Works closely with the Phlebotomy staff to ensure timely delivery of critical samples.
- Communicates with laboratory staff on the status of the delivery or receipt of samples.
- Identifies problems and may resolve or notify appropriate person of issues with specimen types such as missing information etc.
- Performs data entry and QC of all patient/client information into the LIS/LIMS system for sample tracking.
- Follows clinical department requirements with regard to specimen types, understands how specimen types are related to the test(s) ordered, and quantity needed for each test, prepares samples for biological processing, including specimen handling and delivery.
- Maintains understanding of compliance regulations related to test ordering which may change on a daily basis.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ needs.
- Drive for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Informing Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manger that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. College level courses in Biology, related life sciences and/or medical terminology is preferred. Medical Assistant certification preferred.
- Work Experience: 1 year of recent work experience in a laboratory and/or lab assistant training, and a medical background which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory is preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $15.00 - $19.34