To perform environmental cleaning services for the Institution following standards established by Industry Standards, ES Department, and Infectious Control measures to maintain a safe and clean environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
- Performs cleaning functions for area(s), assigned to them each day, which includes but not limited to: vacuuming carpets; dust mopping tile floors; cleaning and disinfecting bathroom surfaces; damp wiping surfaces; wet mopping tile floors; using properly diluted chemicals; high dusting; using the right cleaning equipment and supplies for each area; and trash removal from the area(s) they are cleaning.
- Removes any biohazard waste containers throughout the facility, as instructed by the ES Supervisor.
- Performs specialty cleaning functions for area(s) assigned to them each day which includes but not limited to: projects such as wall and window washing, cleaning areas that have been vacated, vent cleaning, sweeping stairwells, vacuuming elevator tracks, shower and tile scrubbing, and special disinfecting cleaning.
- Observes the facility to help identify potential problem areas and reporting facility or equipment malfunctions, suspicious persons, and safety hazards to their ES Supervisor or Manager.
- Assists coworkers on requests for setting up or rearranging furniture for meetings in conference rooms and audio-visual equipment as assigned by the ES Supervisor.
- Helps with major cleaning caused by facility problems such as; floods, water pipe breaks, cafeteria spills, accidents, etc.
- May be required to be included in the weekend rotation schedule.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Collaboration: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous Healthcare or Hospitality experience preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure