The Center for Genes, Environment and Health (CGEH) at National Jewish Health is focused on driving discovery and characterization of ‘omic features in integrated preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic strategies that transform health. Our integrated laboratory and analysis teams work with investigators inside and outside of National Jewish Health to design, carry out and interpret studies of human and model organism ‘omics models.
We are looking for a Biostatistician to work within a team to provide data processing, analysis and visualization for a range of investigators. The selected candidate will work with other staff and faculty in a collaborative setting to plan and produce data analyses with written and oral summaries. The majority of the data will RNA or DNA sequencing data from human, model organism or pathogen samples and includes, but is not limited to, bulk RNA-seq, single-cell RNA seq and ATAC-seq. These data are often integrated with clinical, demographic or other experimental data to test the hypotheses of interest. This position will interact with our laboratory team and other data scientists as we work with physician and basic scientists on their questions of interest.
- Works with researchers to design, manage, analyze and provide reporting plans for research projects.
- Prepares datasets for analysis.
- Creates statistical programs for data manipulation and analysis with software packages such as R and SAS.
- Provides expertise in statistics and computing in collaboration with investigators.
- Writes analytical sections of manuscripts and grants, and co-authors research articles.
- Implements data management and data quality control plans.
- Advises researchers about analytical software and to a limited degree, hardware.
- Analyzes data both independently and in conjunction with faculty.
- Assists investigators in running analysis and presentation programs.
- Participates in recommending software and hardware changes.
- Keeps abreast of new discoveries in science, i.e. genetics, genomics, and methods for analysis of these data.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility: None
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Master’s degree in biostatistics or related field required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) years recent and related experience with statistical analysis of scientific data.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $77,000 - $95,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan