This job posting is no longer active.
Responsible for identifying, assessing and solving complex business problems for area of responsibility; analysis of situations or via an in-depth evaluation of variable factors; closely follow the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals; interact with senior management to establish and prioritize goals. Responsible for the implementation, maintenance and enhancement of PeopleSoft financial and human resource systems. Manages the applications programming and analysis staff for business systems and manages projects.
- Manages and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, interviews, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors, evaluates, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and rewards. Establishes and monitors staff safety and regulatory compliance.
- Prioritizes and assigns work to business systems staff, monitors work quality, and reviews output. Ensures resources are in place and operating effectively within the technical discipline.
- Manages projects with cross functional and technical teams. Establishes plans and prioritizes initiatives with key stakeholders.
- Facilitates meetings with key stakeholders to develop project scope and requirements and document for technical development.
- Works with HR and Finance Departments to improve the efficiency of all business and related systems.
- Mentor technical staff on technical issues. Develops staff skills through coaching, mentoring and other work assignments.
- Responsible for designing complicated custom applications and interfaces. Influences key technical decisions such as standards, policies, environment selection, architecture and data flows.
- Develops, tests, and documents customized software and interfaces between business systems and other enterprise systems.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contribution of others.
- Building Strategic Relationships: identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal skills and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand and develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when required.
- Impact and Influence: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance and ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior or accommodates tasks, situations, and individuals involved. Taking advantage of opportunities to make a difference and have an impact. When used well, the intended outcome of this competency is the creation of goodwill, trust, and respect while motivating people to want to follow you even when they don’t have to.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Talent Management for Leaders: Clearly establish and communicates expectations and accountabilities; monitors and evaluates performance; provides effective feedback and coaching; identifies development needs and helps employees address them to achieve optimal performance.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Manages 3-5 employees
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business information Systems or other related field required
- Work Experience: A minimum of 7 years of experience with PeopleSoft or Oracle ERP programming, including 4 years managing Peoplesoft or Oracle ERP Developers. A minimum of 3 years of project management.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: PMP preferred. Proficient in PeopleSoft Development including SQR, PeopleCode, SQL, PS Query, and Peopletools. Proficient in Administration of PeopleSoft Application, Web, and File Servers. Experience in applying PeopleSoft delivered upgrades and fixes.
Salary Range: $125,000 - $155,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan