Provides administrative and financial support to the director and the staff in the Biological Resource Center (BRC). Serves as the BRC’s liaison to various internal and external customers.
- Answers, screens, and routes phone calls. Processes, distributes the mail, sets-up and maintains filing systems.
- Responsible for creating correspondence; memos, reports, and other documents, proofreading and ensuring the spelling, punctuation, and final copy have been edited properly.
- Acts as a back-up editor and approver for KRONOS, the automated time keeping system. Provides administrative support to the director and BRC staff.
- Maintains financial records, which may include, processing vouchers, purchase and supply requisitions, expense reimbursements, and monitoring expenditures as directed.
- Operates office equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, computers and printers. Oversees maintenance and supplies for office equipment, including making service calls when necessary.
- Acts as a facilitator in problem solving, functions as the main source of information for the BRC, coordinate’s projects on behalf of the director and BRC staff, and adheres to deadlines as required.
- Submits orders for animals, departmental purchases, animal census, and coordination of diagnostic sample submissions to outside vendors.
- Responsible for appropriate animal identification, labeling, tracking
- Monitors and tracks budget expenses for the BRC utilizing the institutions financial software to access cost center information on-line and develops monthly reports.
- Responsible for accurate data entry of research chargebacks and invoicing outside researchers for the BRC while meeting institutional deadlines for entry of chargebacks.
- Interprets, manages, and applies IACUC policies and federal guidelines as they relate to animal numbers and animal use on approved protocols. Responsible for tracking all protocols and checking each protocol as it relates to animal numbers, expiration, etc.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages projects by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timeline based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements; effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed. Prioritizes; Makes preparation, schedules, leverages resources, stays focused, communicates time frames, and gathers appropriated information.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs. Seeks to understand customer; identifies customer service issues, creates customer-focused practices and assures customer satisfaction.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Responds quickly; takes independent action, goes above and beyond.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies and the Employee Handbook.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school graduate or equivalent required. Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
A minimum of three (3) years of recent related experience. Knowledge of animal facility operations at an academic research institution is required. Experience in accounting or finance is preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
AALAS certification (ALAT, LAT or LATG) or CPIA certification preferred.
Salary Range: $18.93 - $24.68
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan