This job posting is no longer active.
Offers information services to NJH clinicians, researchers, staff, grant coordinators, and patients to build skills and support research and learning across the institution. Provides expert literature searches, bibliographic management tool training, evidence-based decision support, consumer health reference, research impact services, and maintenance of online library resources related to these areas
- Provides high-quality on-demand reference and research support across multiple mediums (e.g. in-person, Zoom, e-mail), covering a wide range of health-related and multidisciplinary subject areas and programs, encompassing all stages of the research process.
- Performs and assists in the development of advanced search strategies and systematic search methodologies using databases such as PubMed, Medline, and Embase.
- Provides consultations on designing and using bibliometric analyses, training on bibliometric theory and techniques, and customized citation reports designed to meet specific needs of NJH faculty.
- Assesses data management needs of researchers and collaborates with various stakeholders to strengthen data stewardship efforts.
- Promotes and maintains automatic alert services.
- Develops and delivers in-person, online, and/or recorded library instruction sessions, training workshops, orientations, and other events that seek to build library research skills and promote the use of information resources.
- Provides training and assistance in the use of bibliographic management tools (e.g. EndNote).
- Creates and develops research guides (“LibGuides”) that support health-related or biomedical research activities.
- Keeps up-to-date on the latest developments and best practices in health sciences librarianship and emerging technology (e.g. through discussion lists, professional literature, webinars, workshops, and conferences).
- Actively participates in relevant library and health sciences professional organizations.
- Assists with off-campus access to licensed resources.
- Assists library technical personnel on difficult interlibrary loan requests.
- Provides circulation assistance as needed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Creativity and Innovation: Applies creative problem-solving skills to develop solutions to problems; recognizes and demonstrates the value in taking “smart” risks and learning from mistakes; develops multiple alternatives and understands the feasibility of each; effectively shares and implements his/her ideas. Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed
- Valuing and Leveraging Diversity: Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Master's Degree in Library Science required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of three years recent and related experience in a library required. Health sciences experience preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) preferred.
Salary Range: $54,660 - $71,727
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan