This position is responsible for generating tribute acknowledgements, tribute cards & preparing general tax receipts and acknowledgements for mailing along with answering donor comment mail and conducting overall maintenance of donor records.
- Drafts letters and donor correspondence for review.
- Creates tax receipt/acknowledgements (below $500) and tribute cards; prepare tax receipts/acknowledgments for mailing.
- Maintains Tribute files and generates related reporting.
- Verifies gift processing data entry against source documentation, highlights error and makes appropriate changes in Raiser’s Edge.
- Responds to donor comments on all returned mail.
- Inputs database corrections (address changes, coding and special notes) and researches/reprocesses credit card denials.
- Coordinates and produces bi-monthly Yahrzeit acknowledgements before they are mailed. Assures the date of acknowledgements coincides with the Hebrew date.
- Answers and/or directs phone calls from donors regarding fundraising at National Jewish, and Direct Marketing in particular.
- Tracks, logs and monitors weekly balance of business reply accounts, replenishing as needed.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of one (1) year clerical experience, including data entry, word processing and other basic computer skills required.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $17.17 - $22.39
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan