This job posting is no longer active.
Responsible for coordinating the scheduling and daily assignments of clinical support staff as assigned, internal pool and temporary agency staff based upon clinic need in all areas of clinical operations. This position is responsible for building and maintaining files and tracking for regulatory agency compliance, productivity and conducts timekeeping for designated staff.
- Creates and monitors the system for clinical scheduling and staffing, acting as a resource to department managers in regard to supplemental staffing, handling all communications of the staffing office, and any staffing office function related issues. Develops an extensive and detailed understanding of clinic operations, processes and policies in order to understand and address staffing needs both long and short term.
- Builds schedules for supplemental clinical staff. Notifies appropriate personnel of staff call-outs and assists with securing coverage. Ensures adequate staffing levels are maintained and coordinates schedule changes by locating alternative resources as needed.
- Ensures time keeping records accurately reflect pool employee and agency staff work hours and is a Kronos approver. Maintains accurate attendance records and notifies management of attendance-related issues. Resolves scheduling issues with staff members.
- Identifies staffing level trends, proposes, and executes alternative staffing resources and/or models keeping cost containment and meeting patients needs as a key focus.
- Liaison from clinical leadership to agency vendors. Owns the process for reviewing and submitting requests for agency staff. May reconcile and process all invoices related to agency staffing. Assist in negotiating contracts with outside vendors, consultants or organizations; administer, monitor and evaluate contracts.
- In partnership with department leadership the staffing manager will forecast labor demand for Medical Assistant daily clinic assignments based upon patient flow and needs.
- Reviews department schedules via an online scheduling system and in partnership with department leadership identifies gaps in clinical staffing and works to fill shifts and complete schedules via pool staff or shifting trained staff across departments.
- Prepares and analyzes various scheduling work hours and overtime reports. Proposes ideas for improvement of workforce models to clinical leadership.
- Prepares, maintains, and audits staffing files within regulatory guidelines with regards to agency and pool staffing.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Minimal local travel may be required.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- Work Experience: Minimum 3 years of healthcare administration (clerical, staffing, or patient placement) in health care setting required. Experience scheduling staff in a 24/7 environment such as a hospital, nursing home, or other 24-hour facility strongly preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Basic knowledge and understanding of the principle of scheduling and staffing in a healthcare setting.
Salary Range: $25.00 - $30.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan