Provides advanced level direct support as Administrative Professional to management level and faculty positions with minimal supervision. May assist faculty with grant applications and grant submission processes. Serves as a liaison to various internal and external customers.
- Types correspondence, memos, reports, manuscripts, grants, presentations, speeches or other documents to include formatting documents, spelling and punctuating accurately, proofreading and editing final copy. May use sophisticated software requiring a high degree of independent functioning.
- May assist with the grant submission process by coordinating application segments. Ensures that grants are filled out correctly on the proper forms. May complete and route Internal Research Review forms, obtaining the appropriate approvals. Tracks and confirms acceptance of the grant by the sponsor.
- Answers, screens and routes phone calls, takes messages, schedules appointments, and manages calendars.
- Duplicates documents, processes and distributes mail, sets up and maintains filing systems. Is responsible for trouble-shooting office equipment problems.
- Makes travel arrangements, arranges travel itineraries for management and/or faculty, as well as outside visitors or speakers. Is responsible for setting up conferences, seminars, dinners and/or special programs and producing event announcements. Prepares itineraries including scheduling interviews, seminars and announcements.
- Orders supplies from internal and external sources and processes reimbursements. Maintains financial records and may monitor expenditures and reimbursements.
- Works with departmental managers/directors to ensure compliance with institutional and departmental policies and procedures. This may include working with managers/directors of affiliate and observer programs as well as mentorship and/or training programs.
- May assist clinical faculty with credentialing paper work. May assist faculty with the preparation of promotional and periodic review packets and prepares packets for submission, demonstrating a knowledge of current guidelines pertinent to the respective institution.
- Acts as a team member providing back up for staff absences and vacancies, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Initiative: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Responds quickly, takes independent action, goes above and beyond.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures. Tries to understand changes; approaches change or newness positively; adjusts behavior.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School diploma required
- Work Experience: 5 years of administrative assistant or related office setting experience required
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $23.00 - $28.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan