***$750 Sign On Bonus!***
This position is responsible, under direct supervision, for providing care to research animals housed within the BRC. Following departmental SOP’s, the technician performs weekly cage changing, provides food and water, monitors macro and micro environmental conditions, performs treatments, assists in tissue and blood collection.
- Perform cage changing and sanitations of rooms as per departmental SOPs and regulatory bodies, as well as daily treatments
- Monitor daily macro and micro environments of facility rooms.
- Provides food and water for animals housed within the BRC.
- Assists in collection of tissue samples and blood collection.
- Completes euthanasia as prescribed by the principle investigator or veterinarian.
- Identifies problems and reports them to the supervisor and or manager.
- Supports research staff by providing quality care of research animals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of rules and regulations.
- Operates cage wash equipment and hydropac machine. The position may perform other duties such as receiving animals. More complex duties may involve updating and maintaining animal records and administering injections. The position may also perform the duties of a Tech I when needed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Champion of Change: Facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace. Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others and accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of experience as a BRC Husbandry Technician I preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: AALAS certification preferred
Salary Range: $16.00 - $18.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan