National Jewish Health is seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist with strong content development and project management skills. National Jewish Health is the leading respiratory hospital in the United States. It is known worldwide for the treatment of patients with respiratory, cardiac, immune and related disorders, and for groundbreaking medical research. Founded by the Jewish community in 1899 as a nonprofit hospital, National Jewish Health remains the only facility in the world dedicated exclusively to these disorders. National Jewish Health has ranked as the number one or number two hospital in pulmonology on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals list ever since pulmonology was included in the rankings.
The Marketing Communications Specialist will implement marketing tactics to sustain and strengthen marketing programs for the institution. The Specialist also will write content for assigned project areas, including social media, web, publications, collateral and others. Qualified candidates will have strong communication, writing, project management and organizational skills. The successful candidate will join National Jewish Health to advance our mission to change the lives of patients worldwide through healing, making discoveries and providing education.
Focuses on implementing marketing tactics to sustain and strengthen marketing programs for the institution. Provides comprehensive support with daily activities using independent judgment and creativity. Develops and implements assigned projects and is responsible for collaborating with director to set goals and then report on success of projects. Leads assigned service line for marketing and communications initiatives. Writes and contributes to organization’s content needs for assigned project areas, including social media, web, publications, collateral and others. Essential to the job are strong communication, writing, project management and organizational skills.
- Works with Director, Marketing & Physician Relations to support institution’s marketing strategies.
- Develops and implements marketing activities for all internal and external key audiences, including consumers, physicians and patients to address marketing priorities.
- Provides project management, planning and evaluation for assigned projects.
- Writes/edits copy for a variety of business purposes and channels.
- Serves as Service Line lead for assigned areas. Builds and executes appropriate marketing plans to meet needs in these areas.
- Recommends and implements projects that fall within determined timelines and budgets.
- Monitors the external environment to understand market dynamics and applies this knowledge to marketing projects.
- Reports on results for all projects managed.
- Understands and protects the brand in all work managed. Ensures that all materials (print and digital) meet brand standards and are produced effectively and efficiently.
- Manages special projects, events and other duties as assigned.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Impact and Influence: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved. Taking advantage of opportunities to make a difference and have an impact. When used well, the intended outcome of this competency is the creation of goodwill, trust, and respect while motivating people to want to follow you even when they don’t have to.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Occasional local travel to offsite meetings
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- Work Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in marketing or communications required. Experience in healthcare, hospital or managed care environment preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Valid Driver’s License preferred
Salary Range: $55,000 - $70,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan