***$2,000 Sign-On Bonus!***
Assists and supports staff pharmacists in day to day operations of the pharmacy and facility. Under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, processes, prepares, and delivers medications and supplies.
- Greets and assists customers in person and by phone in a timely, pleasant manner. Checks voicemail and faxes frequently.
- Listens attentively and responds promptly to questions and requests in a respectful manner; refers inquires to a pharmacist as necessary.
- Processes prescription and chart orders for pharmacist verification in the inpatient and outpatient setting, including refills.
- Prepares all forms of medications, including sterile IV’s, using accurate calculations and proper procedures, ensuring all work is verified by a pharmacist.
- Orders, receives, stocks, and delivers medications and supplies to all areas of the Pharmacy and specified areas of the facility, including clinics and Pyxis machines. Tracks and informs Pharmacy Director of drug shortages.
- Performs financial functions by entering patient and clinic charges, paying invoices, operating and balancing the cash register.
- Maintains safe, clean and organized work environment.
- Ensures all areas of the facility are free from expired, altered and recalled drugs by performing monthly quality checks
- Performs competencies and assigned training prior to deadline. Completes professional continuing education as required by rules and regulations of governing body.
- Assists Director of Pharmacy and staff pharmacists in implementation of department initiatives and projects.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Perseverance/Resourcefulness: Accesses and utilizes available resources inside and outside the company.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Work Experience: Two years of pharmacy technician experience in hospital or retail pharmacy perferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Colorado Pharmacy Technician license required. Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) required.
Salary Range: $19.00 - $23.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan