This job posting is no longer active.
The Department of Medicine at National Jewish Health is seeking applicants for the Chief of Rheumatology. We are looking for a candidate with outstanding skills and reputation as a clinician, scientist (clinical and/or basic), mentor, leader and administrator.
The Division currently has 6 Rheumatologists on faculty, and a dedicated Rheumatology Nurse Practitioner. The Division currently sees the entire spectrum of rheumatic disease. The faculty work closely with world-class pulmonologists to evaluate and manage connective tissue disease-associated pulmonary disorders including interstitial lung disease, vasculitis, and non-tuberculous mycobacterial disease.
The Chief is expected to have the vision and drive to grow the Division by leading its clinical services, promoting a research base (clinical and/or basic), collaborating on research opportunities across the Department and the institution, and actively developing new growth opportunities with our local and national partners.
Reasons to Lead the Division of Rheumatology at National Jewish Health:
- The Institution is committed to the growth of the Rheumatology Division.
- The Division sees the spectrum of rheumatic disease but also collaborates closely with Pulmonary, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Clinical Immunology and Neurology Divisions in its patient care and research missions. The division members may have an academic appointment through the University of Colorado.
- National Jewish Health is home to outstanding Departments of Radiology as well as Immunology and Genomic Medicine which include world class Immunologists with interests in autoimmunity and Computational Biologists whose basic and translational science research programs contribute to the Division's success.
- The Division has in-house infusion centers, physical therapy, musculoskeletal ultrasound and a bone health clinic.
- The Division has unfettered access to the Institution’s full service Clinical Research Enterprise that supports NIH-sponsored, industry-sponsored, and investigator-initiated investigation, as well as an Institutional Biospecimen Bank and Research Informatic Services.
- Proven leadership, strong mentoring and administrative abilities.
- The successful candidate will be recognized as an outstanding academic clinician.
- A desire and commitment to lead a Division into national prominence through faculty expansion, research and interdisciplinary programs.
- BC in Internal Medicine
- BC in Rheumatology
- Eligible to hold a Colorado license
Salary Range: $250,000 - $375,000