This job posting is no longer active.
***$2,000 Sign-On Bonus!***
The Check-Out Representative is responsible for assisting patients following their clinic appointments and offering them friendly and prompt assistance while coordinating care. The Check-Out Representative will review the provider’s orders and schedule appointments as appropriate.
- Provide excellent customer service to patients, physicians, co-workers and clinical staff including: greeting patients, answering questions, and providing direction and instructions as necessary.
- Schedules patient appointments for both physician and ancillary departments appropriately and accurately using symptoms and clinical information collected. Follows all scheduling and admission processes.
- Communicates with patients to keep them appraised of the status of their appointments. Monitors all aspects of individual patient schedules for continuity of appointments and appropriate prerequisite appointments.
- Communicates with Admissions, Financial Counseling, and Utilization Management when necessary to ensure a successful patient visit.
- Maintains knowledge of NJH clinical operations, insurance procedures, and clinical terminology. Maintains appropriate level of expertise with Affinity Registration, EMR, Tempus, Touchscan, and PatientTrak.
- Assures that workflow processes are followed according to policy and Joint Commission requirements.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Peer Relations: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Work Experience: 1 year of customer service experience required. 1 year of patient scheduling experience preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $18.00 - $20.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan