Responsible for assessing, measuring and ensuring the department’s quality and effective use of IT systems to support customer service, accuracy, workflow efficiencies and operational effectiveness. Responsible for the effective implementation of departmental projects.
- Manages and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, interviews, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors, evaluates, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and rewards. Establishes and monitors staff safety and regulatory compliance.
- Oversees quality initiatives, including assessment, monitoring and reporting, to limit unwarranted variation in performance and coordinate the adoption of best practices achieving and maintain exceptional outcomes.
- Evaluates workflows and implements processes to enhance the performance of patient administrative services to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the process for patients, the department, the revenue cycle and National Jewish clinical operations.
- Investigates and addresses complaints or concerns from patients or referring physicians. Serves as the primary interface between the department and the patient advocates/patient experience team to ensure the effectiveness of the patient experience and service recovery.
- Investigates quality, efficiency and service excellence issues from other departments, physicians or revenue cycle. Coordinates with other clinical departments to help maximize their scheduling effectiveness and the effectiveness of the National Jewish clinical operations.
- Oversees the effective interface of the department with Information Technology. Ensures optimal use of systems within the department and serves as the departmental expert for system issues.
- Performs special projects as requested by the Director. Services as the department’s project manager ensuring that projects are organized and well executed.
- Develops policies and procedures that guides the provision of services and periodically reviews policies and procedures making recommendations for change where necessary.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Impact and Influence: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved. Taking advantage of opportunities to make a difference and have an impact. When used well, the intended outcome of this competency is the creation of goodwill, trust, and respect while motivating people to want to follow you even when they don’t have to.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Drive for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, quality or health administration field. Four years of relevant leadership experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in healthcare operations required. Previous project management experience preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Lean Six Sigma preferred.
Salary Range: $64,269 -$84,337
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan