This job posting is no longer active.
***$2,000 Sign-On Bonus!***
To operate telecommunications equipment in an efficient and professional manner. To consistently maintain effective and diplomatic communications with Institution staff, patients and customers.
- Operates the switchboard, which includes receiving, placing and transferring local, domestic and international phone calls. Records and maintains a record of caller, destination of calls on restricted extensions as directed. Provides system or directory related information.
- Completes long distance, conference and international calls and logs as directed.
- Responds rapidly and appropriately to Code-Blue calls, and all other emergencies. Notifies proper staff regarding fire or disaster alert.
- Performs paging functions.
- Coordinates the delivery or dispatch of products to their proper destinations including registered mail and air express packages.
- Maintain records or logs related to calls or other required information.
- Performs clerical or data processing functions as requested.
- Assists staff, visitors and patients by providing directions to various Institution personnel, offices, rooms, departments and locations when at the Main Lobby.
- Promotes and maintains open communication with all patients regardless of age.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Work Experience: One year of customer service experience preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $17.00 - $18.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan