National Jewish Health seeks a detail-oriented, tech-savvy, proactive, and dynamic team player to join the Health Initiatives team as a Contract and Invoice Management Specialist reporting to the Executive Director and supporting various department team members.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with exceptional organizational, time management and prioritization skills. An individual who is dedicated to accuracy, efficiency and thoroughness in their work will thrive in this position. In this role, there is an expectation to work collaboratively in partnership and in support of various Health Initiatives team members. It is essential that the individual in this role is motivated to build strong, trusting relationships with their colleagues in order to support the team’s high-quality, meaningful work. The Health Initiatives team operates under strict timelines to achieve ambitious goals and the successful candidate must thrive in an urgent and purposeful environment.
The Contract and Invoice Management Specialist will have the opportunity to work with a team of talented individuals committed to collective success. This is a multi-faceted role that will provide great exposure to the many aspects of an established Health Initiatives team, including facilitating the contract review and approval process, promoting interdepartmental communication and coordination, drafting proposals, project management, and invoice preparation and management. Outstanding professionalism, strong communication skills, excellent organizational skills and confidence in working with numbers, data and contracts are a must.
As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, National Jewish Health is pioneering a new era of preventative and personalized medicine. By combining our efforts in comprehensive care, academic education and ground-breaking research, we’re able to develop treatments that help our patients live more productive lives. If you believe in Breathing Science is Life and are inspired to work alongside the team dedicated to helping people quit commercial tobacco in support of this vision, we invite you to join our team.
Provides advanced-level support for Health Initiatives contracts, clients and Health Initiatives team. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and communicates effectively across multiple departments and clients.
- Coordinates and facilitates the contract review and approval process.
- Facilitates cross institutional communication and coordination of all contracts and supporting documents including reviews, timelines, deliverables and signatures.
- Responsible for ensuring all contracts and supporting documents are tracked, organized and archived.
- Responsible for understanding, documenting and tracking key contract terms and conditions for department usage and reference. Completes contract and statement of work research to gather supporting documentation for project support and billing purposes.
- Drafts standard proposals and other supporting materials (e.g. VSAs, BAAs) for review and approval by designated institutional staff.
- Provides project support for the Request for Proposal (RFP) process and other department projects.
- Coordinates and audits client reporting with appropriate staff to ensure all reports are completed and delivered on time.
- Prepares assigned monthly client billing detail within the designated timeframe using all applicable QuitPro and client reports.
- Evaluates and researches reject reports in a timely manner, including pulling insurance information, verifying patient eligibility, researching payer websites and/or contacting payers for assistance with verifying patient eligibility.
- Provides administrative support to the Health Initiatives department.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Problem-Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Work Experience: A minimum of 2 years recent and related work experience in a service delivery field required. Health care experience preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $22.00 - $28.50
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan