Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Patient Accounts Receivable. Complies with all institutional policies, government and HIPAA regulations. Acts as a liaison between Patient Accounts Receivable, Managed Care, and Patient Financial Services.
- Manages/supervises and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, interviews, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors, evaluates, coaches, counsels, and disciplines, and rewards.
- Monitors compliance with all government (federal, state, and local), HIPAA regulations, Center wide policies and requirements.
- Maintains an understanding of the institution’s operations and systems including but not limited to: Admissions, Patient Financial Services, Coding, Contracting, Accounts Payable, General Accounting, and Budget.
- Prepares, implements, documents and creates policies to ensure best practices are in place throughout the department including posting efficiencies, internal controls, collectability, contractual adjustments, and cash receipt posting logistics.
- Provides leadership, input and transactional support for practice management system applications related to Patient AR.
- Responsible for budgeting the department’s expenses, controlling expenses, and reporting on budget versus actual variances.
- Coordinates with outside vendors (including banking relationships) and Institution’s personnel regarding related Patient AR duties and responsibilities. Interviews vendors regarding new products and services; negotiates contracts as needed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building a Successful Team: Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team, aligns vision with shared values, manages change and encourages innovation.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Creativity and Innovation: Applies creative problem-solving skills to develop solutions to problems; recognizes and demonstrates the value in taking “smart” risks and learning from mistakes; develops multiple alternatives and understands the feasibility of each; effectively shares and implements his/her ideas. Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Managing Work and Time / Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Supervises 3-5 employees
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of four years of progressive experience in an Accounts Receivable department in a hospital or related organization required, Managerial experience preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $26.00 - $30.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan