To perform environmental cleaning services for the Institution following standards established by Industry Standards, ES Department, and Infectious Control measures to maintain a safe and clean environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
- Performs cleaning functions for area(s), assigned to them each day, which includes but not limited to: vacuuming carpets; dust mopping tile floors; cleaning and disinfecting bathroom surfaces; damp wiping surfaces; wet mopping tile floors; using properly diluted chemicals; high dusting; using the right cleaning equipment and supplies for each area; and trash removal from the area(s) they are cleaning.
- Removes any biohazard waste containers throughout the facility, as instructed by the ES Supervisor.
- Performs specialty cleaning functions for area(s) assigned to them each day which includes but not limited to: projects such as wall and window washing, cleaning areas that have been vacated, vent cleaning, sweeping stairwells, vacuuming elevator tracks, shower and tile scrubbing, and special disinfecting cleaning.
- Observes the facility to help identify potential problem areas and reporting facility or equipment malfunctions, suspicious persons, and safety hazards to their ES Supervisor or Manager.
- Assists coworkers on requests for setting up or rearranging furniture for meetings in conference rooms and audio-visual equipment as assigned by the ES Supervisor.
- Helps with major cleaning caused by facility problems such as; floods, water pipe breaks, cafeteria spills, accidents, etc.
- May be required to be included in the weekend rotation schedule.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Collaboration: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Work Experience: Previous Healthcare or Hospitality experience preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $15.00 - $15.91
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan