National Jewish Health is seeking a professional Coordinator to provide Executive Level support for Dr. Max Seibold and his lab in the Center for Genes, Environment and Health. Successful candidates will be efficient, flexible, collaborative and able to work and problem solve independently. Specifically, they will have extensive experience with project management, calendar management and proven written and verbal communication skills. Ideal candidates will also bring basic understanding of grant submissions, compliance and finances and an unparalleled attention to detail.
The Coordinator is part of a larger team that supports Academic Affairs and Research Support Services at the leading respiratory hospital in the nation. By combining our efforts in comprehensive care, academic education and ground-breaking research, National Jewish Health is pioneering a new era of preventive and personalized medicine.
Coordinates a program that is key for the business operations of a department. Exercises discretion and independent judgment. Develops, interprets and implements policies and procedures.
- Coordinates a program for a department. On-boards new participants in the program. Leads the work of others and trains.
- Handles the communications for the program including newsletters, program materials, correspondence, minutes, phone calls and emails. Develops PowerPoint presentations for the program. May develop and maintain the programs website.
- Coordinates scheduling of meetings and events, plans agendas and may be in charge of scheduling clinical activities or shifts.
- Prepares financial, tracking and other administrative reports by researching, gathering and compiling data. Develops graphs, spreadsheets and may make projections. Updates reports and distributes them periodically.
- May provide administrative assistant support to managers, directors, faculty or faculty leadership positions including the duties of Administrative Professional levels II through III. May coordinate grant budgets and submissions.
- Serves as a liaison to other internal programs and departments, as well as external hospitals and other entities.
- Develops, interprets and implements policies and procedures, demonstrating independent judgment and discretion.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Valuing and Leveraging Diversity: Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization. Seeks understanding; conveys respect; uses diversity as an advantage; champions diversity.
- Initiative: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Responds quickly, takes independent action, goes above and beyond.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures. Tries to understand changes; approaches change or newness positively; adjusts behavior.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e. budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed. Prioritizes, makes preparation, schedules, and leverages resources.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree required
Four (4) years experience as an Administrative Assistant/Professional or general administration
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Salary Range: $49,578 - $65,058