The Admissions Concierge Representative is responsible for greeting and navigating patients/guests in registration lobby. Provide assistance to patients checking-in for services, and expedite patient flow. Navigate patient/guest flow in registration and Smith Clinic areas to ensure an overall positive customer experience.
- Greets, assists, and acts as a point of contact for patients, families and NJH staff members while providing a high level of customer service.
- Updates and maintains accurate patient tracking to better monitor patient location.
- Assures that workflow processes are followed according to policy and Joint Commission requirements.
- Prints face sheets, labels and provide appropriate paperwork for patients as needed.
- Confirms patient appointments, answers and directs phone calls and prints patient daily itinerary as needed.
- Maintains appropriate level of knowledge regarding NJH clinical operations.
- Maintains knowledge of NJH clinical operations, opening procedures and expertise of the following systems: Affinity, Tempus, PatientTrak, and IPad systems.
- Effectively administers policies and procedures for late patients and patients with no appointments.
- Serves as a backup for other personnel in the Adult Administrative Services Department.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Peer Relations: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Work Experience: A minimum of six months customer service experience required. Experience in a hospital or medical office preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $15.00 - $18.42
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan