This job posting is no longer active.
National Jewish Health currently has temporary COVID-19 Screener openings to support our COVID-19 Testing and Clinics. Starting pay is $19.00 an hour.
This position is responsible for performing on site COVID-19 tests. This position will administer and perform COVID-19 screening questionnares, swab tests, and/or blood draws for COVID-19 antibody testing.
- Greets patients in a professional, prompt, courteous, and helpful manner. Utilizes standard procedures for the maintenance of positive patient identification; verifies and records appropriate collection information on laboratory documentation.
- Screens individuals by administering COVID-19 questionnaire, witnesses hands free temperature monitoring or conducts temperature screen.
- Administers and interprets individuals termperature using infrared thermometers.
- Adminsiters nasal or nasopharyngeal swab on patients.
- May perform blood draws on patients for COVID-19 antibody testing.
- Prepares, processes, labels and stores patient specimens and samples according to departmental procedures using standard techniques and equipment
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Work Experience: One year healthcare experience as a Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, or EMT preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program, or current Phlebotomy Certification, or NREMT certification preferred. CPR/BLS required.