To provide a safe, efficient and comfortable environment for all patients, staff and visitors by performing maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, and repairing all power generation equipment and related equipment at National Jewish Health following departmental procedures and Denver City operational standards.
- Maintains power house, auxiliary equipment, transmission and distribution systems for heating and cooling throughout National Jewish Health.
- Takes hourly readings on all equipment in the power house and monitors building automation systems for problems on the institution's utility systems, and inputs data on hourly log sheets.
- Monitors all columns, gauges, meters, thermometers and operation of boilers, chiller water pumps, motors, valves, tanks, lines, automatic controls, and emergency generators. Performs water chemical analysis and maintains proper limits on all heating and cooling systems, and inputs data on the proper log sheets.
- Responds to all service calls including hot and cold calls after normal business hours, making minor adjustments during their shift, or calling the appropriate people as necessary depending on the severity of the issue.
- Makes daily rounds on all of the machine rooms throughout campus, at least once during their shift, and enters the different equipment readings for each different machine room on the sheets located inside each machine room.
- Performs preventative maintenance, repairs, cleaning and replacement on all power house equipment, including completing logs on each piece of equipment.
- Responds to all fire alarms that occur during their shift. Takes fire alarm zones out of service for contractors and puts them back to normal operation when contractor’s work is completed.
- Responds to elevator trouble calls and contacts outside contractors as needed.
- Responsible for filling out work orders for projects assigned to this position with all the necessary information including materials used.
- Communicates to their supervisor both verbally and in writing supplies that are running low, any damaged tools, or equipment that needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Part of the snow removal team, keeping the loading dock and steps up to the loading dock clear of snow and ice at all times during snow storms, using a snow shovel during snow storms and spreading necessary ice melt.
- Cleans and maintains the chiller and boiler rooms and all of their shop tools and equipment, which includes but not limited to; dusting and mopping the equipment and floors, and keeping supplies in their proper places that are used on a daily basis.
- Fills in for other engineer’s shift, as needed.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Collaboration: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education:High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of four (4) years progressively responsible experience in heating, ventilation and air conditioning as a Journeyman Stationary Engineer required. Completed a stationary engineer training program and progressively responsible boiler plant experience required.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Denver Stationary Engineering License is required. (CFC) Refrigerant Recovery Certificate required. Current Colorado Driver's License required. Skills in math, writing, measuring, schematic drawings, organizational and computer skills for reports and data base documentation strongly preferred.
Salary Range: $26.63 - $34.72
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan