Manages the institution's operational and capital budgeting process. Establishes budgetary controls and monitors financial performance. Leverages skills and relationships across the institution to meet customer needs and to enhance financial performance at all levels within the institution. Works with the fundraising team to maximize contributions by providing programmatic financial support for major gift asks.
1. Oversees the institution's budgeting process including planning, preparation, negotiation and presentation to Senior leadership.
2. Establishes budgetary controls and monitors financial performance for the institution as a whole, its departments and major business units.
3. Provides financial guidance and direction for significant projects across the institution. Analyzes complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to operational managers.
4. Partners with the fundraising to provide financial information for major gift asks. Identifies funding opportunities and works with faculty and operational staff to make financially relevant donor materials. Creates and maintains funding opportunities portfolio. Makes donor presentations as requested by development.
5. Identifies financial informational needs and oversees the design and preparation of programmatic and financial reports to improve financial management across the institution.
6. Oversees the capital budgeting and planning. Reviews and prepares ROI analysis. Makes recommendations for capital spending.
7. Oversees faculty compensation plans. Manages the financial and contractual aspects of faculty and physician hires/contracts.
1. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honest and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Talent Management for Leaders: Clearly establishes and communicates expectations and accountabilities; monitors and evaluates performance; provides effective feedback and coaching; identifies development needs and helps employees address them to achieve optimal performance.
3. Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
4. Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
5. Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
6. Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
7. Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one's understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization's position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
8. Decision Making: Identifies issues, problems, and opportunities; gathers information, interprets information, generates alternatives, choose appropriate action; commits to action; involves others.
9. Drive for Results: Targets opportunities; established stretch goals; achieves goals; stays focused.
10. Impact and Influence: Opens discussions effectively, clarifies the current situation, develops others' and own ideas, and facilitates agreement, speaks confidently.
11. Initiative: Responds quickly, takes independent action, goes above and beyond.
12. Manages Conflict: Opens discussions effectively, clarifies the current situation, remains open to all sides,
stays focused on resolution, develops others' and own ideas.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct
and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and
6. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
7. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelors required, Master's Degree preferred
Minimum of ten (10) years experience in finance and budgeting with Five (5) years in a management role.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Must have strong Microsoft office skills and experience with cost accounting, decision support and report writing software. Must possess superior analytical and communication skills.