Identify, cultivate and solicit donors and prospects capable of giving major, planned, capital, endowment, annual or event support. Works with Trustees or other volunteers and creates and implements strategies for donor cultivation and engagement. This position partners with senior management to on-board, train and mentor members of the development team.
- Develops activity plans and implements overall strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and trustees.
- Develops strategies to meet or exceed all budgeted revenue goals. Assists in establishing and operating within the departmental budget.
- Translates strategy into operational processes and provides input on strategy for the major gifts team.
- Researches present and prospective donors to determine philanthropic capacity.
- Develops new leadership to serve as National Jewish Trustees or volunteers. Develops plans for securing donations from new sources.
- Cultivates donor relationships through telephone, electronic, written (letters, invitations, applications, proposals, etc.) with high level of personal contact. Follows-up to finalize all donations.
- Mentors, trains and assists with onboarding new members of the development team. Provides guidance and feedback on strategies and processes to new staff on developing a successful portfolio.
- Leads complex special projects that assist the development team in meeting their strategic goals.
- Documents all donor contacts in compliance with National Jewish Development procedures.
- Maintains active portfolio according to best practices.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals assuring the success of National Jewish Health.
- Drive for Results: Tenaciously works to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from achievement and continuous improvement. Uses industry approved metrics to monitor progress.
- Initiative: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Business Acumen: Uses economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Coaching and Teaching Others: Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals across various departments; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Creativity and Innovation: Applies creative problem-solving skills to develop solutions to problems; recognizes and demonstrates the value in taking “smart” risks and learning from mistakes; develops multiple alternatives and understands the feasibility of each; effectively shares and implements his/her ideas. Generates innovative solutions in work situations.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
20 to 30% travel
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of seven years recent and related fundraising experience required.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None