This job posting is no longer active.
Some call it a career, for us it’s a calling.
National Jewish Health is currently seeking Clinical Laboratory Scientists to join our motivated and fast-paced COVID testing team. Positions are temporary and will have flexible schedules on days, evenings, and weekends with 10 hour shifts. Base rate of pay is $26.00/hour plus potential for additional shift differential based on schedule.
What you’ll do:
- Perform high complexity tests that are authorized by the laboratory supervisor, manager or director and reviews testing performance as applicable.
- Follow the laboratory and NJH established policies and procedure manuals.
- Participate and maintains records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to and understands the quality control policies of the laboratory documenting all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Follow GxP (e.g., GLP, GCLP, GCP, etc.) standards as defined by different national and international organizations (e.g., ISO, FDA, OECD, etc.) when appropriate for clinical or preclinical trials.
- Performs competencies (including age-specific competencies and/or non-human species) as identified through the departmental competency program.
- Monitors and reports on stocks of supplies and equipment, as directed. Makes reagents as necessary.
- Performs error correction, photocopy and data entry and compilation as required.
- Follow set guidelines to troubleshoot/correct assay problems or instrument malfunctions. Perform maintenance and works with supervisor/manager in troubleshooting QC or instrument problems.
- Follow specific biosafety standards for the laboratory and protocols for handling potentially infectious material.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or a related scientific field.
- 1 year of related laboratory work experience preferred.
As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, National Jewish Health is pioneering a new era of preventive and personalized medicine. By combining our efforts in comprehensive care, academic education and ground-breaking research, we're able to develop treatments that help our patients live more productive lives. If you believe in Breathing Science is Life, we invite you to join our team.