Supervises and coordinates the daily operations for the Call Center staff. This includes service levels, staffing, appointment process, reports, complaints, employee performance, personnel issues and training. Accountable for creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Responsible for all aspects of problem resolution. Maintains knowledge of and assures departmental compliance with quality and call standards.
1. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors and rewards.
2. Manages/supervises and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Directs in-service and continuing education activities for staff. Monitors staff safety compliance and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
3. Evaluates staff performance regularly and determines merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions.
4. Provides coaching, leadership and direction to a team who are responsible for providing contact services. Manages call observation and adherence to quality assurance and quality improvements expectations. Ensures staff functions within their scope and follow all current protocols.
5. Develops and supervises the orientation program for new Call Center employees.
6. Develops, arranges, implements staff’s schedules for maximum efficient and effective coverage and serves as a back up for coverage. When staffing needs are identified the information should be given to the manager in a timely manner. Directly responsible for all aspects of workforce management including, but not limited to, schedule adherence, tardiness, and attendance. Assesses peak call arrivals intervals and adjusts staffing as necessary.
7. Analyzes, communicates, assesses, and quantifies departmental performance and statistics.
8. Responsible for reporting at various levels including but not limited to daily, weekly, monthly, YTD, month-over-month, and ad hoc or other historical reporting as required.
9. Responsible for implementation, communication of, and adherence to department procedures and policies.
10. Monitors day to day quality and production goals: assists in managing the workload to the team; and coaches to the importance of availability, quality of performance, service levels and other department objectives and goals.
11. Guides staff in the resolution of patient complaints and problems. Serves as resource for call escalation and resolution.
12. Provides regular and timely feedback on all aspects of staff performance and activity to the Call Center Manager.
13. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
2. Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
3. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
4. Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
5. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
6. Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
7. Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent interpersonal and teaching skills, knowledge of Call Center’s and Organization’s objectives. Effective typing skills for CRT entry.
Bachelors Degree required
Certification and Licensure
Two years of call center supervisory experience required. Experience in a healthcare call center preferred.
- or - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
Position is an office environment. Frequent requirements may include: sitting for extended periods, entering and manipulating data on a workstation computer and participating in team/executive meetings. Approximately 75% of daily responsibilities will be working both one-on-one and in teams with other personnel and extended one-on-one contact in a quiet environment where hearing and listening is paramount. Must possess the ability to communicate by observation, verbal, written and listening; standing; walking; climbing stairs; stooping to remove/replace files; good hand-eye coordination; lifting, pulling, pushing, and upper body twisting while handling supplies and equipment; sitting while completing paperwork; using keyboard for PC and word processing needs. Occasional requirements may include: stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and lift/move up to 25 pounds. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternate schedule to accommodate essential business needs routine travel by foot or automobile to alternate work/meeting locations, possibly during inclement weather.
No environmental conditions indicated. Professional office environment with time of each day spent in interaction with management/staff, in addition to planning and working autonomously. Requires teamwork and the ability to handle multiple interruptions; frequently fast-paced; high-pressure; occasionally variable-paced; variable pressure. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1500 employees in the worksite.
Manages 1-20 employees
Salary Range: $47,959 - $62,934