Facilitates patient access to ambulatory and emergency services and care providers. Schedules patient appointments for visits, procedures, diagnostic tests, referrals and/or consultations. Obtains referral and/or insurance authorization/pre-certification approvals from health plan or primary care physician office. Financial responsibilities may include the following: verifying guarantor information, collection of any monies due at the time of service, charge entry, and hold bill resolution. Provides efficient flow of clinical information via paper and electronic medical records.
- Greets customers in the practice setting or on the telephone, assesses needs and provides information and/or service requested.
- Collects all necessary patient demographic, insurance and clinical information and updates changes when needed.
- Ensures that patient’s insurance allows them to be seen with scheduled physician at National Jewish Health.
- Refers patients to financial counseling if necessary.
- Communicates with clinicians to ensure that patient appointments are accurately ordered and scheduled. Manages physician schedules as assigned to ensure that schedules are full and accurate.
- Maintains communications with patients to keep them apprised of the status of their appointments.
- Acts as a problem solver with patients and clinicians to ensure that scheduling is performed.
- Monitors all aspects of individual patient schedules for continuity of appointments and appropriate prerequisite appointments.
- Schedules patient ancillary and physician appointments in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner in accordance with the patient’s schedule.
- Responsible for notifying the Patient Financial Counseling Office of any significant gaps in coverage and/or high co-pays or deductibles prior to services being rendered.
- Verifies outpatient and inpatient insurance, both primary and secondary coverage (when applicable by service type), within set timeframes determined by Administrative Services Management.
- Complete daily reports for scheduling of all types and authorizations.
- Verifies the patients’ insurance and obtains appropriate financial assistance for patients.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 2 years of recent and relevant experience required.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $17.00 - $20.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan