Leads the work of other Endoscope Processing Technicians. Provides support in functional areas of MIDC including, but not limited to: endoscope reprocessing, accurate record maintenance, endoscope repair facilitation, collection and distribution of endoscopes throughout all areas of National Jewish Health using endoscopes, operating and maintaining reprocessing equipment, procedure room cleaning and turn-over as well as general assistance to MIDC staff.
- Leads the work of co-workers by providing effective direction, guidance, and resources as appropriate.
- Responsible for all endoscopy reprocessing using manual or automatic reprocessing methods.
- Oversees the routine care, reprocessing, and maintenance of endoscopic equipment according to standards and organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintains all documentation and assures QA of endoscope reprocessing.
- Develops a system for transport of clean/dirty endoscopes throughout areas in National Jewish Health using endoscopes.
- Assists Lead RRT and Clinical Administrator with development of protocols and processes of endoscope reprocessing following regulatory standards and guidelines.
- Assists staff with room cleaning and room turn-over as needed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Coaching and Teaching Others: Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Leads the work of co-workers
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent required. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of three (3) year of recent and related experience in a health care environment is required.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $20.00 - $25.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan