This job posting is no longer active.
This position is responsible for overall direction in mobility strategies and BYOD (bring your own device) as well as integrating and supporting mobile devices and laptops in the enterprise. This position will also provide technical software advice for complex systems and make decisions on operating procedures and analytical approaches. This position will act as an internal consultant to the custom application development team for mobile applications.
- Provides expertise and direction in the development and modifications of mobile solutions (e.g. laptops, tablets, smart phones) to enhance performance and availability.
- Monitors, tracks and updates incidents and trouble calls in ticketing system in support of the incident and problem management process; recognize high priority tickets and escalations and take action within the expected response time, communicating with vendors and users as appropriate.
- Supports end users with mobile devices, mobile device training and issue management of mobile solutions.
- Provides guidance and leadership to IS team and serve as a subject matter expert and technical knowledge source for NJH.
- Troubleshoots and resolves mobile device wireless connectivity issues by using industry standard techniques such as spectrum analysis and network packet capturing technology and work in conjunction with appropriate vendors to assist in troubleshooting their wireless infrastructures to help ensure the best end-user experience.
- Distributes enterprise applications for mobile devices (for both mobile device management systems and managed encryption systems)
- Plans, creates, maintains (through inventory management) and deploys mobile security and mobile device management policies and conduct periodic security audits on mobile devices and infrastructure to ensure compliance to security standards.
- Plans and administers BYOD (bring your own device) policies and security.
- Researches new mobile solutions and enhancements to our existing mobile solutions and tools; determine how those changes affect our strategies and bring potential benefits to our current mobile device environment.
- Tests updates and fixes for all mobile devices supported and deploy OS and application upgrades.
- Administers and engineers the Mobile Device Management software by working with mobile device vendors.
- Analyzes and tests smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices and associated applications to ensure that we are offering devices and software that match NJH practice and are supportable within our environment.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school (or higher) preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Work Experience: At least five (5) years recent and related experience with a minimum of two (2) years in mobile device management required and two (2) years in network management desired.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $90,000 - $100,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan