Processes and maintains all aspects of the accounts payable cycle from receipt of the invoice/purchase order, through the full payment cycle with accuracy, completeness, compliance with policies, and proper accounting classifications.
- Examines expenses, reimbursements, creates vouchers with accuracy, and ensures appropriate backup documentation is attached. Determines if transaction conforms to policies and procedures; works with internal and external customers when transaction does not conform, and ensures timely payment is completed.
- Creates, updates, and maintains vendors. Including collection and review of tax withholding requirements, verification of vendor information, maintaining accurate banking information, and issuing related tax forms in compliance with IRS regulations.
- Responsible for preparing weekly and off-cycle payment processing
- Responds quickly to questions regarding payment status from all customers, both internal and outside vendors. Resolves discrepancies efficiently and professionally.
- Reconciles vendor statements.
- Performs necessary clerical functions associated with above tasks, including but not limited to scanning, record keeping, journal entries and report preparation.
- Maintains understanding of Institution operations and systems including, but not limited to: Inventory, Purchasing, General Accounting, Fixed Assets, Mailroom, Receiving, and Budget.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking all processes and tasks. Setting high standards of performance for self and others. Self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Maintains positive working relationships. Cooperates with other employees to accomplish goals. Works with employees within and outside department to confront problems and quickly resolve in a timely manner.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Problem Solving: Collects and organizes data before initiating analysis and ask questions to prioritize key issues. Reconciles inconsistent details by focusing on larger concepts and customer value, considers customers implications and perceptions when approaching problems. Able to work through immediate problem and can come up with many potential sources for answers. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answer. Can identify and correct hidden problems.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of Accounts Payable experience required.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications, knowledge of PeopleSoft, EDI and general banking preferred.
Salary Range: $20.00 - $25.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan