Responsible for assisting endoscopy procedures for gastroenterologist physicians. Cleans, maintains and secures GI endoscopes. Performs complex calibrations, calculation of data, and evaluates accuracy, reliability and reproducibility of results to meet or exceed all national standards. Performs technical skills and provides assistance to physicians, anesthesia, registered nurses, and other professionals in the endoscopy suites.
- Assists physicians with GI procedures.
- Prepares endoscopy procedure rooms. Cleans instruments, handles and prepares tissue and fluid specimens to applicable standards.
- Maintains knowledge and use of appropriate computer systems within the department and hospital.
- Stock supplies and equipment to ensure uninterrupted service, as necessary. Assists Lead Therapist with inventory control.
- Performs as a back-up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary and appropriate.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school graduate or GED preferred. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program or other medical program that meets the criteria of a medical assistant program preferred, EMT considered
- Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) or more years of recent and related experience preferred. Experience in clinical rotation in GI is preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: CPR/BLS required. ACLS required within 90 days of hire. Medical Assistant Certification, preferred, EMT considered
Salary Range: $19.00 - $23.00