To deliver safe and appropriate nursing care within scope of practice, and established policies and procedures.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within scope of practice and established policies and procedures.
- Utilizes departmental processes of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to provide continuing health care to individuals, families.
- Demonstrates an appropriate clinical knowledge base and job-specific nursing skills.
- Contributes toward an efficiently functioning patient care area.
- Performs competencies (including age-specific competencies) as identified through the departmental competency program.
- Implements care and services that recognize age-specific needs and issues for customers served.
- Provides appropriate education to patients/families utilizing effective teaching skills, and National Jewish supportive materials.
- Supports and is aware of research projects in work area.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Quality of Practice: Contributes to quality nursing practice: Ensures practice is safe, effective, efficient, equitable, timely, and patient centered; identifies barriers and opportunities to improve safety, effectiveness, efficiency, equitability, timeliness, and patient centeredness; recommends strategies to improve nursing quality.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Graduation from an Accredited LPN Program required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of recent and related experience required.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Current Colorado LPN license required. CPR/BLS required. IV certification may be required.
Salary Range: $24.00 - $28.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan