To deliver clinical nursing skills and theoretical knowledge in the delivery of research protocols utilizing a systematic approach to nursing and research practices. Assists others in developing their skills, knowledge, and abilities.
- Recruits patient population for research protocols.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively assess patient care requirements through interviewing, observation, and nursing procedures.
- Provides safe, direct patient care that addresses the patient's current clinical status and research protocols.
- Evaluates, monitors, and documents the patient's response to research protocols/procedure.
- Attends and contributes to the planning process for patient care after completion of participation in protocols.
- Dispenses medications to patients as directed by physician. Administers parenteral medications as directed by physician.
- Assists physician investigator in performing invasive procedures such as bronchoscopy.
- Demonstrates informal and formal patient teaching skills to address needs of one or more patients and/or families.
- Performs competencies (including age-specific) as identified through the departmental competency program.
- Demonstrates knowledge of research theory and practice.
- Demonstrates consistent role model behaviors in dealing with patients, families, significant others, and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Recognizes key factors of the work environment and contributes to effectiveness with appropriate organizational skills.
- Participates actively in the development and evaluation of research-based programs.
- In coordination with physicians, other coordinators, pharmaceutical company sponsors and patients in scheduling and processing of research protocols/procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
- Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
- Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
- Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
- Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
- Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
- Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Breathing Science is Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Management/Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Education: Bachelor's in Nursing or Graduation from an Accredited School of Nursing required. Participates actively in development and evaluation of research-based programs.
- Work Experience: A minimum of one (1) year experience, preferred. Strong medical / surgical, pediatric care nursing experience or ICU/ER, preferred.
- Special Training, Certification and Licensure: Current Colorado RN license required; current CPR/BLS required. ACLS/PALS or other certification as specified by individual department.
Salary Range: $36.00 - $43.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan