This job posting is no longer active.
National Jewish Health is seeking an Administrative Professional II to join our growing and fast-paced Department of Medicine team. This position is integral to the operational success of our Department, and will provide exemplary administrative support to 15-20 faculty members, in the Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine Division. Additionally, this position will support our Pulmonary Fibrosis (PF) Support Group and our Pulmonary Fibrosis Caregiver Support Group. The Administrative Professional II position has flexible alternative work arrangements, including on-site and/or remote options. Additionally, National Jewish Health offers free parking to our patients, visitors, and employees.
Successful candidates will be motivated by: the smallest detail being executed to perfection; effectively juggling multiple priorities through to completion; and successfully anticipating the needs of others. Ideal candidates will have exceptional organizational, time management, and prioritization skills. An individual who has the ability to adapt, and is dedicated to accuracy, efficiency, and thoroughness in their work will thrive in this position.
In this role, the Administrative Professional II will:
- Manage calendars, make travel arrangements as directed, monitor faculty voicemails, transcribe voicemail messages, process reimbursements, prepare, proofread, and edit documents, and submit purchase requisitions for various faculty members.
- Coordinate and attend monthly PF Caregiver and PF Support Group meetings, including sending Outlook calendar invitations, creating flyers, and attending the meeting to assist with Zoom host functions (currently held virtually only).
- Coordinate and attend weekly Pulmonary Research In Progress (RIP) meetings, including confirming speaker dates and lecture titles, creating and distributing flyers, ordering catering, reserving lecture hall, and attending the meeting to assist with Zoom host functions (currently held in hybrid format).
- Manage on-boarding for Intermountain Health (formerly Saint Joseph’s Hospital) Internal Medicine Resident rotations in the National Jewish Health Adult Pulmonary clinic.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, National Jewish Health is pioneering a new era of preventative and personalized medicine. By combining our efforts in comprehensive care, academic education, and ground-breaking research, we are able to develop treatments that help our patients live more productive lives. If you are inspired to work in a Department that fosters positivity and professional growth, and alongside a team of individuals who are committed to making a difference to change the lives of patients worldwide, we invite you to join our team.
Provides support as an Administrative Professional for departments with direct supervision. Serves as a liaison to various internal and external customers.
- Types correspondence, memos, reports, or other documents to include formatting documents, spelling and punctuating accurately, and proofreading.
- Assists in the development of spreadsheets, tracking tools, presentations, and speeches using the appropriate software.
- Answers, screens and routes phone calls, takes messages, schedules appointments, and manages calendars.
- Duplicates documents, processes and distributes mail, sets up and maintains filing systems. Is responsible for trouble-shooting office equipment problems.
- May makes travel arrangements including transportation and hotel reservations, as directed.
- May be responsible for setting up conferences, seminars dinners or special programs.
- Orders supplies from internal and external sources and processes reimbursements and maintains records of these.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School diploma required
- Work Experience: 2 years of administrative assistant or related office setting experience preferred
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Salary Range: $22.00 - $27.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan