Provide psychosocial assessments, interventions, and mental health evaluations to patients and families to facilitate a coordinated transition from one environment or level of care to another. Assist patients and families in coping with their illness, diagnosis, and/or life situations.
- Complete psychosocial services following the National Association of Social Work Code of Ethics; following core values of service, social justice, dignity and worth of a person, importance of human relationships, integrity, and competence.
- Provide psychosocial assessments of patients and families to identify emotional, social, and environmental strengths and problems related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation. Formulate, develop, and implement a plan utilizing appropriate social work interventions.
- Collaborate with the health care team and involve the patient/family in the development and implementation of plans. Facilitate psychosocial needs across a multidisciplinary care continuum which includes interaction with consulting physicians, third party payers, appropriate referral agencies, and health care providers to facilitate movement of the patient through the system and arrangement of an appropriate disposition.
- Interact with patient billing office, utilization review staff, admissions department, referral agencies, insurance companies, and clinics regarding patient admissions and pre and post hospitalization needs to ensure appropriate level of care for out-of-home and home care needs including; pharmaceuticals, home nursing care and social services.
- Provide education and counseling to patients and families around issues related to adaptation to the patient’s illness and/or life situation. Implements care and services recognizing age-specific needs and issues.
- Maintain working knowledge of and liaison with community agencies; participate in area activities related to health and social services. Present clinically current educational programs internally and to requesting community groups, organizations, or individuals. Provides community resources to patients as available.
- Assist with screening, identification and management of victims of abuse, neglect, domestic violence, rape or in crisis, initiate interventions, and make referrals as appropriate and within scope of practice. Serves as a resource for the health care team in these situations.
- Assist with screening, identification and management of crisis intervention for patients demonstrating suicidal and homicidal ideations as necessary. Performs short term counseling during these situations.
- Participate and represent social work perspective in multidisciplinary patient care settings.
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact patient care, e.g., advanced directives, child or elder abuse.
- Document findings, plan, and actions taken according to departmental guidelines and standards.
- Maintain records and statistics in accordance with departmental policies. Attend and participate in staff, committee, and other meetings as assigned.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts and research projects that contribute patient care standards and the mission of the institution.
- Performs competencies as identified through the departmental competency program.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the NASE Code of Ethics.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Masters of Social Work from an accredited school required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 2 years of recent and related experience in a hospital, social work, or long-term care facility required.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Current Licensed Clinical Social Work in the State of Colorado required.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $70,000
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan