Looking for an exciting and fulfilling career working side by side with some of the nation's top doctors? The Minimally Invasive Diagnostic Center (MIDC) at National Jewish Health is seeking a Bronchoscopy Technologist to join our team.
We are a newly remodeled endoscopy unit specializing in Pulmonology and Gastroenterology in the leading respiratory hospital in the nation. We are looking for a dynamic, energetic, fun-loving individual to join our team! This position offers a desirable Monday - Friday schedule with no holidays, weekends, nights or on-call required.
Responsible for assisting with bronchoscopy and endoscopy (as needed) procedures including procedure room preparation. Cleans, maintains and secures bronchoscopes and GI scopes (as needed). Performs complex calibrations, calculation of data, and evaluates accuracy, reliability and reproducibility of results to meet or exceed all national standards.
- Assists physicians with bronchoscope and laryngoscope procedures.
- Prepares bronchoscopy and endoscopy procedure rooms. Cleans instruments, handles and prepares tissue, lavage and fluid specimens to applicable standards.
- Withdraws arterial blood including single puncture, arterial-line insertion, and sampling from an arterial line.
- Maintains knowledge and use of appropriate computer systems within the department and hospital.
- Stock supplies and equipment to ensure uninterrupted service, as necessary.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignment.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of two years of recent and related experience preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Registered as a Pulmonary Function Technologist (PFT) or Respiratory Therapist (RT) with the National Board for Respiratory Care or Certified as a PFT or RT (with equivalent experience and training) required. CPR/BLS required. ACLS and PALS required within 90 days of hire.
Salary Range: $28.00 - $34.00
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset.
With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical Plans, Dental Plans and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- FSA and HSA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Benefits, like Accident Insurance, Critical Care and Hospital Indemnity
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Legal Plan